IV2 Gloss Black, Dual Visor, Modular/Flip-Up High Performance Motorcycle Helmet [DOT]
- MODEL: IV2 # 953-BK
- COLOR: Solid Black / Gloss Finish
- Size: Unisex Adult, Customer sizing feedback:
- Please use the sizing guide provided.
IV2 Elite Series Advanced Modular Dual Visor Adult Helmet; equipped with a One button, one-hand, Flip-up Sytem that converts helmet from Full-face to Open-face whenever needed.
- Easy to Control, Retractable Anti-scratch Inner Sun Visor
- Can be used as a Snowmobile Helmet
(NOTE: Regular Visor Pre-Installed, Anti-Fog Visor Sold Separately)
- Brand new interior padding design for maximum comfort
- Advanced Ventilation System Provides Best Air Flow; Fully Vented Through-out: 10 Venting Ports
- EPS Impact Absorption Inner Liner
- Advanced lightweight durable shell - Advanced Thermoplastic Shell Technology
- Stainless Steel Dual D-Rings Strap with button
- Package Contents:
- 1 x New Helmet
- 1 x Microfiber Cloth Helmet Bag/Backpack
- Replacement Visors Available, Click here fore more details.
Injection moulded ABS Shell for strength and durability, meets or exceeds the following standards:
- DOT FMVSS No.218 Certified (non-removable graphic on the back)
- Weight: 5 lbs / 2270 grams (approx.)
2nd flip front
Posted by jim S.E. Indiana on Apr 29th 2017
This is my 2nd flip up helmet from IV2. I bought one about 1 1/2 yr ago in the Red color,936 model. This helmet has better interior padding which I will say is from updated production. Both helmets run on the larger side of the size scale, so keep that in mind. I ordered both in Small, and I am right at 22 inch, are not a "snug" fit. I am considered an intermediate oval head shape, so that also has to be taken into consideration.. More round oval head shapes might fit better.
I am a daily rider In S.E. Indiana and ride pretty much all year round, except when there is salt on the roads. I really can't find too many cons about this helmet, It's an economical choice for daily riding. I ride behind a windshield so yes, there is some road noise...Previous Red 936 has NO chin curtain and with thinner padding , so it let's in more road noise, and cold air, and doesn't have the Internal drop down tinted shield.
In the market where there are a ton of choices, For daily riding, it's a good helmet. I am hoping the vent controls won't loosen up and start to rattle like the older 936, It's a nit pik, but can be annoying on a day long rides. Any helmet behind a windshield suffers from good airflow, but when it's hot outside , everything is hot. It's a tradeoff.
As with my other reviews, I can't give a true 5 star rating, because that has to be saved for a helmet in which any rider can walk away from a crash . Might seem harsh, but in reality, it's true. ALL helmets look great sitting on a shelf. But that's my opinion.
If you're looking for a helmet that's economical, has some features, and has a much better fit & finish, with a optically clear drop down shield...Don't wait. Price & fit are decent and worth the money.